To submit an article to our journal, first read the information in the author's guide section. Use the sample article template for the article. If you have questions, you can contact us.
All manuscripts submitted for publication in our journal will undergo rigorous peer review, based on an initial editor screening and then a blind review process by at least two anonymous referees. JOMES Online does not request any article processing charge. The review result is reported to the author in three months. All manuscripts should be sent electronically via the journal’s official Online Manuscript Center (click here to reach ). In order to send a manuscript, authors should be register through the web site. The basic criterion for the publication of the study is being conformity to Malpraktis Declaration and the publication ethics located on the site. If a manuscript is found to be breaking the ethical codes after published in JOMES, it will be discarded.
The manuscripts submitted to JOMES should comply with the all of the following items;
- Manuscript should be written in English.
- Manuscripts should be typed on a A4-sized paper, with top, bottom, right and left margins 2.5 cm (16 x 24.7 cm area), single spacing and using Times New Roman 12pt.
- Tables, figures, pictures, graphics and the like should not exceed an area of 10 x 17 cm, 11pt, and single spacing is recommended.
- Manuscripts should not exceed 10.000 words including the reference list. Manuscripts written in Turkish should include an abstract written in English containing 150-200 words and a structured abstract written in Turkish containing 750-1000 words. Manuscripts written in English should not include a structured abstract containing 750-1000 words. All manuscripts should have 3-5 key words.
- Authors should avoid the use of discriminatory language against gender, race, and ethnicity
- Manuscripts should be written in accordance with the 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
Article Template can be downloaded.
Title page should contain the following format:
- Title should not exceed 15 words.
- A short version of the title should be placed at the top right side of each page.
- Author(s) full name, academic titles and affiliations, and email address should be placed in the title page.
Abstract should contain the following format:
- Abstracts should contain 150-200 words. Abstract should include the purpose of the study, method, findings and results.
- Abstracts should be written using Times New Roman 9 font print.
- Keywords written with smaller fonts should be placed at the bottom of the abstracts.
The manuscripts submitted should comply with the sample manuscript format and contain the following sections: Title Page, Abstract, Key Words, Main Text, and References. Main text of the manuscripts should include the following sections; Introduction, Methodology, Findings, Results and Discussion. Main text should be written with Times New Roman 11pt and single spacing.
Subtitles for figures should be written using single spacing and 11pt in the text where it should be and numbered according to their appearance order in the text. If there is any abbreviation for the figures, graphic or the pictures, abbreviations should be explained below the subtitles in alphabetical order. Figures, graphic or the pictures should be placed in the main text where they belong with complete subtitles. Previously published figures, graphic or pictures can only be used with the permission of the author and the publisher. The permission should be provided to the editor of the journal.
Title of the tables should be numbered in the order of appearance in the main text. Tables and the table numbers should be placed in the main text. Vertical lines should not be used in the tables. Text in the tables should be written with 10pt without space before or after the lines.
Publishing Ethics and Use of Language
Authors should acknowledge that submitted manuscripts are not published fully or partially or under review for another print or online academic journal. Editorial board can require revision for the accepted manuscripts based on critics and suggestions by reviewers. Manuscripts that are approved by the Editorial Board are accepted for publishing. Effective use of English language is an important criterion for evaluation of the manuscript. Proof reading is suggested for the authors who are writing in a language other than their English native language. Before submitting your manuscript, please read the Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement. The ethics statements for the JOMES are based on the Committee on Publication Ethics Code of Conduct Guidelines available at www.publicationethics.org
Individuals or institutions supported the study should be acknowledged in a separate section.
Reference list should adhere the APA format. Online tutorial based on 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association can be reached at http://www.apastyle.org/learn/tutorials/basics-tutorial.aspx.
The JOMES holds copyrights for all articles published in the journal. Authors are responsible for article contents published in the journal.