To submit an article to our journal, first read the information in the author's guide section. Use the sample article template for the article. If you have questions, you can contact us.
The following are English language guidelines for submissions to JOMES:
- American English or UK English are fine so long as there is consistency.
- Please capitalize all words in headings including hyphenated words (e.g. Anti-Antagonist), except conjunctions (and, or, but, nor, yet, so, for), articles (a, an, the), and all prepositions (including those of five letters or more) (in, to, of, at, by, up, for, off, on, against, between, among, under). First and last words in the title are always capitalized.
- Define abbreviations the first time they are mentioned in the abstract, text; also the first time they are mentioned in a table or figure.
- Keywords are not capitalized.
- All websites need to be referenced as does unpublished data or personal communications
- Dates are written out in the full, April 20, 2004 (or 20 April, 2004) rather than 20.4.04
- Write don't, can't... in full, i.e. do not, cannot
- Numbers 1 to 9 are written in full, except if part of a measurement (6–8 mL) or in the experimental/materials/methods section
- A sentence should not start with But or And (use however or find alternatives).